Enviornmental Initiatives at Advanced Animal Care
At AAC, we strive to make sure that our hospital positively impacts your pets as well as the enviornment they live in. We are constantly seeking to improve the efficiency with which we operate. Recently, we elected to have our facilities audited by EarthWell Energy Management and received an Energy Star Rating of 85. The audit also found that our hospital uses only half the energy of the average commercial building! Click here for our data.
Here are some of the measures we have taken to reduce our enviornmental impact:
- Conventional X-ray development requires a large amount of chemicals that must be replaced often. Our digital X-ray machine is chemical-free
- Our interior is lit entirely with fluorescent panels and CFLs.
- Our HVAC unit's are modern and highly-efficient.
- Our computer monitors are set to power off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- We employ extremely efficient Wyse S30 thin-clients in place of full-size PCs at many of our workstations.
- Our new therapy laser provides a safe-alternative to drugs for many pets.
- Our building is less than two years old and is more efficient than many older buildings constructed under less-strict enviornmental standards.
- We Recycle!